Sunday, April 18, 2010

I think that is just about enough from me

Little did I know what I was facing when I started to look into the life and times of Captain William Townsend. What a rich and varied family history!

I have spent today confusing and un-confusing myself over some details: who would expect that a man would marry, when young, someone with a certain surname and then, when older, a widow with that same married surname. I think it might have confused some other researchers, too.

Now that my three followers have met up, at least on-line, I think I can safely leave them to put everything together into one big family story. After all, they are all in the same small (compared to Australia) country.

It has been fun.

1 comment:

  1. OK. Thomas has convinced me to keep going for a while. And, of course, as soon as I did I found new information about the marriage of William Ambrose TOWNSEND (under the name William AMBROSE) and his very strange divorce.

    ReplyDelete